About our CEO
Scott Johnston - CEO / Principal Consultant
A highly skilled professional with long experience in improving business profitability
through better and more integrated use of existing systems, or development of
new technologies that simplify business processes. Skills and experiences span
from mapping and migrating data between large company systems following mergers
to helping small businesses resolve quirky issues with interrelated computer systems and partner websites.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and comprehend critical business processes to identify problems or opportunities.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions that work through improved use of existing systems or integration with new technologies.
- In-depth experience across diverse business structures and industries provides unique insight to solving complex systems performance issues.
- Experience mastering a variety of technical computer platforms and systems. Rapidly adaptable to new software tools, languages, and applications.
- Ability to analyze data from various sources to identify pertinent statistics and trends to support informed business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills including the skill to present information in terms of business objectives to executive management and in terms of process terminology to lead the technical implementation team.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and lead concurrent projects, involving a variety of business objectives across multiple business units.
- Proven track record of managing people for the effective application of technology, improving business functions and increasing profitability.
Over the last 30+ years Scott has worked in a variety of industries for companies
of all sizes from new business start-ups to international corporations. Industries served include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Financial Services
- Designed and developed a commercial software application for time tracking,
logging, and invoice generation for freelancers and consultants.
- Led onshore/offshore team to develop software platform to support a web based
personal health record system. Involved in all facets from requirements gathering,
analysis, and design, through implementation.
- Designed and developed custom database applications to support
BoM/Inventory/Production Orders on a new Microsoft Small Business / SQL Server implementation.
- Initiated hands on process improvement projects to analyze health insurance
claims processing and held claims data. Extracted/transformed data to provide
information on root cause analysis of delays and issues in the claims processing systems.
Successful in reducing claims processing times and providing ongoing metrics to support management.
- Managed 5 separate teams for systems support and multiple simultaneous new development
projects for a statewide health plan. Managed customer interaction with development team staff.
Improved the problem solving skills of the team enabling them to uncover and correct other
processing deficiencies. Improved customer service levels in all areas.
- Skilled in designing and developing data structures, applications systems,
data extract and transformation, and report development.
- Adaptable to new technology and business environments.
Able to quickly understand client specific processes and applications.
- Proficient in listening to capture key business needs during
problem analysis and requirements gathering.
- Experienced in all facets of SDLC, systems migration/consolidation,
data extracts and analysis, systems design, development and testing.
Most Recent Technologies Applied: VB.Net, WPF, XAML, SQL, C#, MVC, WordPress.
Other Technical Experience:
10+ years experience Adabas & DB2 on mainframe environments
including the role of an Adabas DBA. 12+ years experience with SQL Server.
Worked on systems using Oracle, Sybase, MySQL and MS-Access in distributed and web environments.
Experienced with SQL and a variety of query, report building and database &
reporting tools (SQL Plus, TOAD, Access, Cognos, QMF, Predict, TMON, DWB, APAS/Insight, Adabas Utilities).
15+ years cumulative hands on experience with IBM mainframe systems.
Past proficiency in JCL, TSO/ISPF, Cobol, VSAM and associated utilities and toolsets
(Sort, IBM Utilities, some CICS, Assembler). Skilled in Adabas/Natural and Direct Call programming.
12+ years experience coding desktop applications in VB.NET with SQL Sever and MS Access back ends.
4+ years with VB.net WPF/XAML. Currently using Visual Studio through 2019 version including
tools for source control. 8+ years past experience in Unix environments
including Shell Scripting with Awk/Perl and tools (VI). Cobol development/maintenance with
some C/C++ exposure. Past exposure to Oracle Developer and Cognos BI tools.
12+ years experience. Utilized MS Azure platform for web app deployment.
Created MVC websites with C# and VB.net & SQL databases, including using Microsoft
Identity Management and API’s to desktop apps. Created WordPress websites.
Created and maintained sites using HTML and MS-Frontpage. Some older ASP.NET development
VB including ADO and XML. Past experienced in SharePoint site creation and administration.
Managed development projects (onshore/offshore) for WebSphere/JAVA website applications.
Desktop Tools & Applications Software:
MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, Visio, MS-Project, QuickBooks...
Industry specific software applications:
Installed and set up MS Small Business Server environments, including network,
static IP, hosted e-mail, and SQL Server. Obtained Microsoft Systems Engineer
certification (NT4) passing exams in Networking Essentials, NT4 Workstation,
NT4 Server, NT4 Enterprise, MS Exchange, MS Internet Information Server, MS Proxy,
and MS SQL Server. Understanding of TCP/IP networks with some experience in
hardware configuration (routers) and Server maintenance.